Saturday, May 16, 2015

Exhibition Introduction

Title of the Exhibition: Annique's  Exhibition of Art
Featuring artists such as: Homer Dodge Martin, William Merritt Chase, Vincent Van Gogh, Walter Launt Palmer, Ivan Shishkin, Carmen Beecher, Ernest Lawson, Leonid Afremov, Ginette Callaway, and Thomas Cole.

This show is about the beauty of seasons how the earth changes and adapts. I love the season theme because I love the change and transition between seasons and the beauty in it. Mother nature is truly amazing. The connection between each work is that they are all showing a different season. Some paintings are very abstract in showing it, yet some are very clear in what it is showing and I purposely did it that way to get a different feel in the same season, but viewing it in a new outlook. A lot of the artists also connect in with each other and influenced one another. Some knew each other and I thought that was very neat and a good touch to my blog. Another connection is the Oil on Canvas. I love those type of paintings as well as the impressionist movement that most of my artists featured were apart of. These connections were made with careful research, and a lot of time put into my blog to have a necessary flow and organization to it. I wanted it to connect in not only the images, but the artists themselves. I selected the artists carefully by researching them before I chose their work. If I found the art would be a good fit to my blog, I would research them and see if they connecting to the artist in anyway whether it be through knowing each other, the art style, and even the media. I also was fond of the artists that had very interesting meanings behind their paintings and I absolutely loved reading the background or story behind each painting. My goal is that my viewers see what I saw as I was creating this blog and can also make these connections as if they were seeing it without this introduction. After viewing my blog, I hope it inspires people to view art in a different way and see the different beauty in seasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment